Estrel Congress Center, Sonnenallee 225, 12057 Berlin
The congress centre is accessible. A wheelchair ramp and a lift are available to facilitate entry. The attached hotel has twelve accessible rooms with adapted bathrooms.
For participants who are hearing impaired, the main stage programme will be relayed in simultaneous live transcription.
If you need further assistance in order to participate, please let us know during registration.
Services available at the venue
- ATM: There is an ATM in the lobby of the congress centre hotel.
- Catering: Food will be provided at the congress centre. There are also three restaurants in the atrium of the Estrel Hotel, offering local and international cuisine.
- Wi-fi: A Wi-Fi network will be set up for the event. More information will be provided later.
For further questions about the services available at the congress centre, you can ask at the information desk in the reception area.
The Estrel Berlin Hotel at the conference venue offers a limited number of available rooms for participants of the IGF 2019. You can enquire about availability with the following code:
- When you arrive, you will be given a Berlin public transport pass along with your name badge. This allows you to travel on city trains (S-Bahn), underground (U-Bahn), and regional trains, trams and buses within the A, B and C fare zones of the VBB (Verkehrsverbund Berlin-Brandenburg). The pass is valid from 22/11/2019 to 30/11/2019.
- For initial travel to the congress centre from Berlin-Tegel Airport (TXL) or from the city centre, you will need a single ticket for fare zone AB (€2.80).
- If you are arriving at Berlin-Schönefeld Airport, you will need a ticket for fare zone ABC (€3.40).
- You can buy tickets at various locations including the machines inside city and underground train stations, as well as from your bus driver (please have coins ready). You can find more information about public transport in Berlin on the website of the .
Getting to the congress centre
From Berlin central station (Berlin Hauptbahnhof):
- Bus: Line M41 to “Ziegrastraße”. Journey time approx. 40 minutes.
- Taxi: Journey time approx. 30 minutes. Fare around €20.
From Berlin Südkreuz station:
- City train (S-Bahn): Line S42, circle line (Ringbahn) to “Sonnenallee”. Walk approx. 5 minutes to Estrel. Total journey time around 20 minutes.
- Taxi: Journey time approx. 20 minutes. Fare around €18.
From Berlin Ostbahnhof station:
- City train (S-Bahn): Line S3, S5, S7 or S75 to “Ostkreuz”. Change to line S41, circle line (Ringbahn) to “Sonnenallee”. Journey time approx. 20 minutes.
- Taxi: Journey time approx. 20 minutes. Fare around €16.
Please refer to the . You will find information about visa requirements there, including a list of countries whose citizens do/ do not require visas to enter Germany, and application forms to download.
If you need a visa to travel to Germany, please apply for it in good time from the German mission (embassy or consulate general) in the area in which you live or habitually reside. You should submit your application as early as possible, since there may be a waiting period before the application can be processed. Please refer to the competent mission for further information.
• Weather: The average temperature in Berlin in November is 4.6 degrees Celsius.
• Power: The German power grid operates on 230 Volt/50 Hz AC power. Two-pin plugs (type C and type F) can be used.
• Opening hours: Many shops and businesses are open from 9:30 or 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., and closed on Sundays, with a few exceptions.